Contents - Quick Links
Hoover SteamVac F5914900 is another common choice when talking about home use carpet cleaner which is trusted by over eight thousand users for years. Because the SteamVac with CleanSurge Carpet Cleaner is an older popular model, it can be a little more difficult to find.
This Hoover SteamVac F5914900 is a classic unit with no fancy features but it works amazingly and very durable. The unit uses spinning brush head for extracting the dirt and pet hair out of carpets, it also has 3-speed brush roll choice for different carpet types.
The SteamVac Plus comes with two tools — an upholstery tool to clean furniture and a Powered Hand Tool to easily deep clean stairs and small spots and stains.
Besides, it uses a powerful motor at 12 amps for the maximal suction level ( 12 amps rating is the highest motor level of home use upright carpet cleaner on the market).
The downside is that while it cleans extremely well any carpet type, the carpet drying time is a bit slow.
Should you buy Hoover Steamvac F5914900 in 2021?
Despite Hoover Steamvac is a good carpet cleaner, it does not have many features like Hoover Powerscrub Elite or Hoover Smartwash (we reviewed them both). We recommend you to consider the 2 models above and make a consideration — or check out more options in the Hoover Amazon store.
Technologies and benefits of Hoover SteamVac F5914900
- Construction: upright corded carpet cleaner for home use
- Brush design: spinning brush unit on an 11.25’’ width nozzle
- Brushroll speed control for different scrubbing levels
- Clean surge: apply more detergents on stains and high traffic zones.
- 2-tank system keeps clean water & dirty water separate,
- no belts so you don’t need to replace
- spin scrub hand tool for cleaning upholstery, stairs & spots
- 12-amp motor – the most powerful motor level across all brands such as Bissell, Rug Doctor, Dirt Devil…
- 16 oz Hoover deep cleansing detergent
- 1-year warranty
Specifications of Hoover SteamVac
- Dimensions: 19.5 x 14.2 x 30’’
- Weight: 20 lbs.
- Nozzle width: 11.25’’
- Motor: 12 amps rating, 120 V
- Hose: 8 ft
- Cord length: 20 ft
- Water tank size: 133 ounces
Pros and cons of Hoover SteamVac
What We Like…
- This unit is cheap, durable, cleans the carpet extremely well and can clean different types of carpet without harming the fibers. It is lightweight and has a long tracking record.
What Could Be Better…
- It does not have many advanced features. It is not the best model for pet hair cleaning.
Recommendations for Hoover SteamVac
- Recommendation for users who are looking for a full-size upright carpet cleaner for home use where they have to deal with many carpet types. The model is classic but durable and has not belt so you won’t have to spend money on maintenance. It is also very affordable
- Against for users who have a lot of pets because this unit is not optimized for pet hair pick up. If you have a lot of pets, check for Hoover Powerscrub Deluxe FH50251 or Bissell Revolution 2X pet carpet cleaner (model 1548 and model 1986)
FAQs & troubleshooting of Hoover SteamVac