Bissell 1819 Cleanview Rewind Deluxe Upright Bagless Vacuum reviews
Bissell Cleanview Rewind Deluxe 1819 is a low price upright vacuum cleaner designed for whole home cleaning.*
*(this model belongs to Bissell Cleanview series, including the Cleanview 1831 with basic features, Cleanview plus 1822 with longer power cord, Cleanview plus rewind 1825 with triple action brushroll, automatic rewind cord and Cleanview Rewind Deluxe 1819 with edge-to-edge cleaning brush roll).
The Bissell Cleanview Rewind Deluxe 1819 is featured by low price, a decent motor (8 amps rating) which is quite sufficient for cleaning hard floors and low pile carpets, automatic cord rewind feature for hassle-free cleaning time, unique triple action brush roll that is capable of loosening, lifting and removing dirt and pet hairs from the carpet.
The best part of this unit is that while it is quite cheap, it has a great performance on hard floor and low pile carpets thanks to strong motor suction power, cyclonic air system, special brush roll design (edge-to-edge cleaning, triple action cleaning, scatter-free technology) and has a long warranty time from Bissell (3 years).
The downside, on the other hand, this unit has a smaller dust bin (1 liter) compared to Bissell Cleanview basic models (1831, 1822) (2 liters), it is a bit heavy (15.4 lbs.) and it does not have HEPA filtration or sealed allergen system.
Let’s check for the technology, benefits and recommendation of this Bissell Cleanview 1819.
Technology, benefits and recommendation of this Bissell Cleanview 1819
This is a bagless, corded full-size upright vacuum cleaner at a low price, designed for homes with bare floors and low pile carpets. The model has a medium dust bin size and medium weight, it is, therefore, best suitable for home and apartment with medium footage areas.
Brushroll design – the Bissell Cleanview 1819 uses a brush roll with 3 brush lines (one more line compared to casual upright units), therefore it delivers more brushing actions on the surfaces. It has the brush on 2 edges to pick up the dirt so that you only need to clean one single pass on one area. The brushroll cover is transparent so you can see if the pet hairs stuck on the roll. You can also set up the brush rolls height to be able to clean from high carpet to bare floors (5 setting regimes).
- The Bissell Cleanview 1819 features cyclonic air system, a decent motor (8 amps rating), giving a strong suction enough to remove dirt and dust on bare floors and low pile carpet.
- While this unit uses a motor rating of 8 amps rating, some users feel it is comparable to their Miele and Dyson models in terms of suction power.
- The unit uses the multi-filtration system including pre-motor foam filters and post-motor filters. The filter is quite durable, washable and cheap when you need to replace it.
- This filtration is not a HEPA, therefore if you are having troubles with allergens, you should check for models with sealed allergen system and HEPA filter.
Automatic cord rewind
- The cord is about 27 ft and can rewind automatically after you clean your home. It is a nice feature of this model.
5 Surface height setting
- Bissell Cleanview 1819 brush roll height is adjustable with 5 settings, therefore it is more flexible for you to clean from bare floor to high pile carpet.
- However because this model does not have variable suction control, it is recommended to work from bare floors to low pile carpets mostly. When using on high pile carpet, you should test if the suction level is suitable for your Berber , shag.
- The dust cup is 1L which is similar to a compact upright vacuum cleaner (for example Shark Rotator Speed unit), and it also features bottom release so you can empty the dust cup without messing up.
- The model has 4 tools: extension wand, turbo brush, crevice, dusting tool for cleaning stairs, upholstery, window.
It also comes with 3 years warranty from Bissell
Specifications of Bissell Cleanview 1819
- Surface recommended: Bare Floors, Carpet, Hard Floors, Low Pile Carpet, Stairs, Upholstery
- Dimensions: 13.2 x 13.5 x 44’’
- Power Rating: 8 Amps
- Filtration: Multi-Level Filtration
- Cleaning Path Width: 13.5″
- Cleaning System: Multi-Cyclonic
- Weight: 15.4 lbs
- Power Rating: 8 Amps
- Power Source: Corded
- Brush System: Triple Action
- Variable Suction Control: No
- Brush On/Off Switch: No
- Power Cord Length: 27′
- Automatic Cord Rewind: Yes
- Hose Length: 8′
- Surface Height Settings: 5
- Dual Edge Cleaning: Yes
- Bag Type: Bagless
- Dirt Cup Capacity: 1 L
- Dirt Sensor: No
- Swivel Head: No
- Tools: TurboBrushTool, Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush and Extension Wand
Pros and cons of Bissell Cleanview 1819
This is a low price upright vacuum cleaner for whole home cleaning from Bissell, a great brand offering high-quality products and good customer services. The model has good suction power, nice brush head and it is bagless so you won’t need to spend money to buy bags. It is possible to pick up dust and big particles without scattering. The automatic cord rewind is a nice bonus feature.
It is a classic design, therefore it lacks advanced features such as variable suction control, brush roll led lights, swivel steering, HEPA filter, fingertips control.
Performance of Bissell Cleanview 1819
The pet hair recovered from carpet by using Bissell Cleanview Deluxe 1819
Recommendation of Bissell Cleanview 1819
- Recommended for users who are looking for a low price full-size vacuum cleaner that works and durable.
- Against for home with allergy sufferers, home with a lot of areas under furniture (because the brush head is not a swivel type) and users who are after for an advanced upright vacuum cleaner.
Bissell Cleanview comparison model 1819, 1825, 1822 and 1831
|Bissell CleanView Plus Rewind 1825||Bissell CleanView Deluxe Rewind 1819||Bissell CleanView 1831||Bissell CleanView Plus 1822|
|Triple Action Brush Roll + Scatter-Free Technology||yes||yes||no||no|
|Automatic Cord Rewind||yes||yes||no||no|
|Cord Length||25 ft.||27 ft.||25 ft.||30 ft.|
|Hose Length||6 ft.||8 ft.||6 ft.||6 ft.|
|Tank size||1.0 Liters||1.0 Liters||2.0 Liters||2.0 Liters|
|Weight||15.4 lb.||15.4 lb.||15.4 lb.||15.4 lb.|
|Tools||TurboBrush Tool, Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool, Extension Wand||TurboBrush Tool, Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool, Extension Wand||TurboBrush Tool, Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool, Extension Wand||TurboBrush Tool, Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool, Extension Wand|
|Warranty||3-Year Limited||3-Year Limited||2-Year Limited||3-Year Limited|
FAQs & troubleshooting of Bissell Cleanview 1819
What attachment to use for vacuuming under the bed?
Answer: The turbo brush attached to the hose gets under the bed
Question: How well does this suck up human hair? I’m shedding constantly and cannot find a vacuum that is powerful enough
Answer: Does really well with dog hair so I don’t see why it wouldn’t do good with human hair
Question: Does this work on hard floors
Question: Can the roller be turned off?
Answer: no, this model does not have brushroll on/off feature
Question: Ok for carpet? Pets?
Answer: This vacuum is the absolute BEST one I have EVER owned! I am amazed at how much dust it ‘sucked’ up after having just used my other vacuum cleaner on the rug just the day before.
Question: Is it a wet and dry vacuum?
Answer: No…its not a shop vac.
Question: how easy is the hose to use and reconnect?
Answer: Have had NO problem at all. Great vacuum. Lightweight, great suction, cord rewind, three filters, vacuum’s very close to the wall i love that.
Question: Does this have a hardwood mode to prevent the brushes from spinning?
Answer: Although there is a setting for bare floors, the brushes spin whenever the motor is running.
Question: How much does it weigh
Answer: this vacuums weighs about 15.4 pounds.
Question: Cleaning hair from bin
Answer: Yes, I have a golden retriever so I gets lots of hair! When I open the door over the trash sometimes all the hair doesn’t come out so I reach in with my hand to pull the rest out manually. Sometimes I have to pull the whole purple center out to get the hair out of there as well.
Is there a switch to change from floor to hose
Answer: No. There is only an “on/off” switch and dial to change the level of the floor brush. The brush stays on no matter if you’re doing floors or using the hose.
Question: Where is the on/off switch located?
Answer: On the front portion of the handle. While sweeping your thumb can turn it on and off.
Question: Does the dirt and hair get stuck up in the top of the bagless container? On our current one you have to dig it all out and it is so messy!
Answer: I have 2 cats and have not had any trouble with hair getting stuck in the top. Have been super happy with the vacuum and it’s suction power.
Question: Can it clean under bad does it go flat to roll under bed?
Answer: no it does not go flat
Question: Difference between Bissell cleanview 1819 and the 1332 model?
Answer: I’m not sure but I love this vacuum cleaner
Question: how heavy?
Answer: Not heavy, I’m a kinda normal (new normal) sized 70 yr old woman and it is easy to use. Another reviewer mentioned the speed of the rewind, that person was right it whips back into vacuum so watch where your hands are when you rewind (in my case it hit my wrist)
Question: Does this vacuum have Hepa filter or special filter for allergens?
Answer: Good question however this vacuum is not a sealed HEPA system. It does feature multi level filtration with a washable pre motor filter and a pleated post motor filter.
Question: how wide is the cleaning path?
Answer: 13.5” width
Tags: bissell cleanview rewind deluxe, bissell cleanview rewind pet review, manual, bissell cleanview rewind deluxe vacuum 1819, triple action, amps, bissell cleanview vs hoover windtunnel, bissell cleanview vs cleanview deluxe, bissell cleanview vs shark navigator