Last update 17th September 2019
Overall Rating: 8.2/100
Bissell 17N4 carpet cleaner is highly recommended for home with pets because it is very efficient in pet hair and pet vomit removal. This carpet cleaner is amazing at dirt extraction for large areas. However, it does not have 2 cleaning modes and the machine weight is a bit heavy (over 24 lbs.).
You should think of the portability of the carpet cleaner if you have to maneuver frequently, otherwise Bissell 17N4 is a great option for workmanship and durability.
Coupon of Bissell 17N4 carpet cleaner
Currently Bissell 17N4 has many great discounts: discount price, extra coupon and $50 off instantly thanks to Amazon Visa program. You can check here directly to see the options.
Specifications of Bissell 17N4
|Model name||DeepClean Premier Pet Upright Carpet Cleaner 17N4|
|Dimension||23.5 x 14 x 25 inches|
|Cleaning surface||Carpet, Upholstery, Stairs, Low Pile Carpet|
|Motor power||6.2 amps|
|Brush type||12 Row Dual DirtLifter PowerBrush|
|Cleaning path width||12ââ|
|Water tank size||1.25 Gal|
|Ease of use|
|2 Cleaning mode||no|
|Special tools||Deep Reach Pet Tool3ââ tough Stain tool|
Pet hair collection basket
|Similar models||17N42, 17N43, 17N45, 17N4C, 17N4V|
|Warranty||3 year limited|
Pros and cons of Bissell 17N4
- Bissell 17N4 is designed for pet owners. This upright carpet cleaner uses a wide cleaning brush system with 12 rows of spinning brushes to lift up and remove the pet stains on carpets, upholstery
- Unlike other upright carpet washers, this model has a pet hair collection basket to trap the hair bunnies, carpet fibers and prevent clogging.
- To maximize cleaning performance, you should use warm water because Bissell 17N4 is capable of maintaining water temperature at approximately 45 Celsius degree during cleaning. The is done thanks to Heatwave technology.
- The hose of Bissell 17N4 is stretchable up to 9 ft., longer than many upright models (7 ft.). It is convenient for cleaning under furniture or hard to reach places
- The unit is backed by Bissell for 3 limited years.
- Bissell 17N4 is a heavy carpet cleaner when compared with popular models from Bissell and Hoover. Bissell 17N4 weight is 24.4 lbs. when empty. Popular upright carpet cleaner weight is around 18.5 lbs to 25 lbs.
- This model only has one cleaning mode. Newer carpet cleaners have 2 cleaning modes (Bissell 1986, Hoover FH50251PC) that will be more convenient if you have a lot of spillages or messes on carpets that can happen frequently.
Performance of Bissell 17N4
Popularity of Bissell 17N4
Bissell 17N4 is a popular choice for pet owners who are dealing with pet messes, pet hair con carpets constantly. This model is chosen by thousands of homeowners because its performance is amazing and cleaning results are extraordinary.
Bissell 17N4 is not the first choice for general home use because it is expensive and it lacks advanced features such as 2 cleaning modes, built-in sprayer. The most popular carpet cleaner choices are
- Hoover FH50150PC
- Hoover FH50251PC
- Bissell Proheat 2X 1548
FAQs and troubleshooting of Bissell 17N4 carpet cleaner
Q: Is it heavy?
A: Bissell 17N4 weight is 24.4 lbs when empty. This model is quite a bit heavy when comparing casual upright carpet cleaners.
Q: Would you recommend Bissell 17N4 or is there better for the price?
A: This model is easy to use and gave great cleaning results. It is a bit more expensive but itâs worth the money.
Q: Difference between 17n4 and 17n4P
A: The number of attachments is the only difference I can think of. Either machine is a great product
Question: Is this good for deep cleaning carpets/ will it get rid of dog feces smell in the carpet?
Answer: It’s a lot of work getting it to work and time clean the machine when you’re done, but it cleans as well as most cleaners and is good at getting dog odors out. It’s a lot of effort to get it to work the way it should.
Question: how do you determine the amount of cleaner to put in with the water for a small room.
A: You’ll want to use 5oz of BISSELL formula for each tank full of water.
Question: I cannot get the hose to work. is there a special button that needs to be pushed? help!! also, how much cleaner do you put in?
Answer: Good question! To use the hose the machine must be in the upright position for it to have suction, the spray will always work with the trigger is pressed.
Question: This leaves my carpet soaking wet! What am I doing wrong?
Answer: It’s hard to tell without seeing it in use. Be careful not to use too much liquid. You don’t want to over saturate the carpet. Be sure you are not pushing the lever for the release of cleaner/water on the backstroke. This is when liquid is sucked up.
Question: Can I use this on my couch?
Answer: yes, with the handheld accessory.
Question: Does this machine work well on area rugs?
Answer: It worked great! It cleaned deep and even got that pet smell out.
Question: Can you clean furniture with this? Is there retractable arm piece to do so?
Answer: Yes, there is an attachment to use on upholstery. It’s like the part that cleans the floor, but it’s on the end of a flexible hose and is for use on things like sofas or chairs that have upholstery that needs cleaning.
Question: How will this work on shag carpet?
Answer: Bissell 17N4 is not designed for shag carpet. If you have a lot of shag carpets, Rug Doctor Mighty Pro is the best recommendation.
Useful links related to Bissell 17N4 carpet cleaner.
- bissell 17n49 parts
- bissell 17n4 manual
- bissell 17n4 vs 36z9
- bissell 17n4 vs 1986