BISSELL ProHeat 2X Revolution 1548 reviews
BISSELL ProHeat 2X Revolution 1548 is the number one option when you are seeking a full-size carpet cleaner for pet owners.
Although there are several upright models for pet owners such as Bissell 17N4/17N4P, Bissell 36Z9, Hoover Power Scrub Elite FH520151PC…, Bissell Proheat 2X 1548 is still the most common choice when you have to deal with pet messes on carpet surfaces.
The reason is that this model has been optimized for deep carpet cleaning performance and it prevents the pet hair from clogging the machine.
With 3 year warranty and a good price, Bissell Proheat 2X 1548 gives you a lot of convenience for carpet cleaning in 2018.
Check for the technologies and benefits of Bissell Proheat 2X 1548 below.
Technologies and benefits of Bissell Proheat 2X 1548
this is an upright, full-size carpet cleaner for residential use, aimed at the busy person and home with pets. Similar models include: Bissell Proheat 2X 15482, 15483, 1548L, 1548P, 1548Q, 1548R, 1548T, 1548U, 1550, 15503, 15508, 1550V, 1551
- Bissell Proheat 2X 1548 uses Bissell best brush head for the upright carpet cleaner that is 2 counter rotating brush rolls and 2 edge sweepers on a single brush unit for cleaning deep down to carpet foundation and capable of edge cleaning. The brush head of Bissell Proheat 2X 1548 will clean the carpet areas 2 times in a single pass to loosen more dirt and dust when compared with casual models (where a single brush roll is used).
- The brush has a low profile and this is one of the best part of Bissell Proheat 2X 1548 because most of the upright carpet cleaner has a higher brush profile. The low profile brush head will enable you to clean furniture and you do not need to remove the furniture before cleaning. It is time and effort saving.
Optimized for usage
- 2 cleaning modes -unlike other upright unit, Bissell Proheat 2X 1548 has two cleaning modes. If you are busy, you can choose express cleaning mode which will clean your carpet and dry in only 1 hour. If your are carpet is heavily soiled and stained, you can use the deep mode for further cleaning to remove worst stains and allow the carpet to dry in 3 hours.
Optimized for suction and cleaning performance
- Motor 6.8 amps rating plus heatwave technology – the heatwave technology allows you to use hot water for maximal dirt extraction and it will keep the water hot during the cleaning time. The strong motor will give strong suction to remove excess water so carpets can dry faster in less than 1 hour.
- Tools and cleaning formulas: the model comes with 7 foot Hose, Spot Cleaning Tools (3″ Tough Stain Tool, Pet Stain Tool) and 2 Bissell shampoo formula samples.
The performance of Bissell Proheat 2X 1548
Specifications of Bissell Proheat 2X 1548
- Dimension :15 x 12.5 x 43.5 ’’
- Weight: 17.5 lbs
- Warranty: 3 years
- Surface Type: Carpet, Low Pile Carpet, Stairs, Upholstery
- Power Rating: 6.8 amps
- Heater: No
- Cleaning Path Width: 11″
- Weight: 18 lbs
- Heatwave Technology: Yes
- Brush System: 12 Row Dual DirtLifter PowerBrush
- Brush On/Off Switch: No
- Surround Suction: Yes
- Power Cord Length: 22′
- Hose Length: 7′
- Cleaning Path Width: 11″
- Tank Capacity: 1 Gallon
- Color: Samba Orange
- Carry Handle and wheels: Yes
Pros and cons of Bissell Proheat 2X 1548
Bissell Proheat 2X 1548 is Bissell core product which is balanced between features and price. It is ready to use, easy to use, powerful performance and durable. The low profile brush head is a plus point. This is the first model on the market that has two cleaning modes, which is now applied on Bissell Proheat 2X 1986 (update of the Proheat 2X1548) and copied by Hoover Powerscrub Elite FH50251PC. It is one of the most common choices for pet owners
This model has a relatively medium water tank at 1 Gallon size. If you need a model with similar features with a bigger water tank (1.25 Gallons), check for Hoover Powerscrub Elite FH50251PC
Recommendation of Bissell Proheat 2X 1548
- Recommended for home with pets, for home with carpets and rugs and a lot of furniture
- Against for heavily soiled carpets in big footage because the water tank is just designed for home use only. If you need to perform carpet cleaning at the commercial level, check for Bissell Big Green or Rug Doctor Mighty Pro.
FAQs & troubleshooting of Bissell Proheat 2X 1548
Do I have to rinse after carpet cleaning with the solution?
Question: Can the piece covering the top of the rollers be removed for easy cleaning? Like on the Bissell Proheat 2X 1986?
Answer: Yes, it can!
Question: DoesProheat 2x revolution deep cleaner heat the water or not? If not why do you continue to put the word heat in your descriptions?
Answer: the model does not have internal heater to heat the water, but it uses Proheat technology allowing you to use the hot water and remain the water temperature for the whole cleaning process.
Question: doe it work well on Berber carpets?
Answer: Do not know. I would assume so. Do a small inconspicuous test first
Question: Does this machine have the tool for tile or jard floors
Answer: I don’t think so
Question: Is this model good for those that have no pets but just normal everyday food stains, dirt on the carpet?
Answer: YES! I had a stain from my grandsons spilled something on the rug. I didn’t have a cleaner and I had just tried to get the mess up by blotting and damp cloths. I didn’t get this cleaner for almost one year after the stain appeared. I used this cleaner on the stain as soon as I got it and the stain came right up.
Question: Our carpets need stretched and have the expected bumps etc. Will this machine work over those or am I going to have problems because of those?
Answer: I think any carpet cleaner with a decent amount of suction will struggle with those.
Question: What is the voltage? Is it 120 -240 v or just 110?
Answer: this machine is designed for 110v.
Question: Is there a problem with the bottom of Carpet cleaner getting clogged with the 2(vacuum and cleaner) the same hose opening?
Answer: I’ve had mine for a few months and use it a lot. I have several dogs in house and the worst is that the hair get stuck(it is wet) on the upper part of the brushes housing. As up continue to clean it is push out (as a whole) like a slot machine and laid back on carpet. This is easy to pick up BY HAND.
I need a carpet cleaner with attachments but have no pets. What can you recommend ?
Answer: The Bissell 1548 is the best I have worked with.
Question: Does it have 2 separate tanks
Answer: Yes it does! The top one is for a liquid cleaning tank and the bottom is for the dirty dispenser
Question: Does it have a heater to heat the water
Answer: It does not. This machine uses our HeatWave technology which helps to maintain the temperature of the water placed in the tank. We recommend using hot but not boiling or microwaved water in the machine.
Question: does this come with the hose attachments?
Answer: When I purchased mine from another company (BestBuy) My Cleaning machine did come with some hose attachments and 2 small sample bottles of cleaner.
Question: Does this have a separate tank for soap
Answer: No, same one. But I can sure tell you that this is absolutely the BEST carpet cleaner that I have EVER used. Got stuff out of my bedroom carpet that had been there for 20 years and had been shampooed MANY times prior than this time with other cleaners.
Question: what is the difference between the 1548 model & the 1986 model?
Answer: I don’t know
Question: will this clean shag carpet?
Answer: it will be soaking wet, but yes, it will.
Question: can i use any brand shampoo
Question: Is this run on 110 volt or 220 volt ? Looking for international
Question: I need the belt for this carpet cleaner
Answer: Bissell website, Wal-Mart and Amazon Carry the belt. Just search under model number
will this work with burbur carpet? have burbur in my basement and on my pontoon
Answer: It has worked on mine.
Question: how wide is cleaning head
Answer: 12 inches
Question: 100/240v (v=voltage) or 110~220v ac ?
Answer: Standard 110
Question: This provides heat?
Answer: You start out with hot water. I don’t think it provides heat.
Question: Does it have a clean water rinse as part of the cycle or do you have to re”wash” with clean water?
Answer: It has a single water tank where you put water and cleaner in at the same time. There is a variety of cleaner (soaps) that can be used (from regular to pet/stain types), and, an antibacterial peroxide based that can be used in it. With the mixture ratio of water to cleaner, we’ve never had to re-wash/rinse with just water.
Question: Can I use this for my car seats? (Transport dogs in my car so needless to say, very stinky from wet dog, slobber, hair, vomit and urine)
Answer: I haven’t tried it but I would imagine you could. It has the hand held attachments to use on furniture.
Question: is it 220v-240v?
Answer: Hi Rasha – this cleaner is not 220v – 240v. It’s designed for use on 110v only.
Question: Can this machine clean tile
Answer: This machine is a “Carpet cleaner” so I’m not sure how well this would work on tile. It should work okay for tile but me personally I wouldn’t use it on tile.
Question: I purchased this product a year ago and it worked fine. Now I use it and the dirty water tank does not fill..Any suggestions?
Answer: I would say check to make sure the seals are in place on bottom of tank and where it connects to the steamer. Another thing to check might be if the intake area is clogged and needs to be cleared out. Also check to see if there is a difference between using the hand held attachment and the main unit.
Tags: bissell proheat 2x vs bissell big green, bissell proheat 2x vs bissell lift off, bissell proheat 2x vs hoover power scrub elite, bissell proheat 2x vs rug doctor, bissell proheat 2x vs proheat pet, bissell proheat 2x vs deep clean premier, bissell proheat 2x vs hoover max extract 60, bissell proheat 2x vs hoover dual power max, bissell proheat 2x vs hoover power path pro, bissell proheat 2x vs hoover dual power pro, bissell proheat 2x vs hoover max extract, bissell proheat 2x advanced carpet cleaner 1383