Contents - Quick Links
The iRobot® Roomba® 960 Wi-Fi Connected Mapping Robot Vacuum is a premium robot vacuum cleaner which has all of the advanced technologies from Roomba (similar to Roomba 980 model) but its price is a bit cheaper than Roomba 980.
While this is not the newest model from iRobot, many people choose it over the more advanced iRobot Roomba i7 and iRobot Roomba i7+ because it is less expensive and has great customer reviews. We do want to note that when we last checked there were some great deals on both of those models on Amazon. In addition, prices often go down for Black Friday and through the holidays.
Is the Roomba 960 a Good Robot Vacuum to Get in 2021?
The best thing of Roomba 960 is that its navigation sensors work much better than other versions and the floor sensors allow this unit to work efficiently on different surfaces colors no matter it is white or dark.
The model is quiet when running and it is wifi connected so you can control Roomba 960 to do the home cleaning tasks when you are on the way back home.
The downside, Roomba 960 can be stuck when dealing with low furniture (it is 5.8 inch height which is bit high if you compare with Shark Ion 750 only 2.6 inch height).
The combination of advanced technologies and reputation has helped to make the Roomba become one of the best rated robot vacuum cleaner on the market.
- What is the difference between Roomba 690 vs 960 robot vacuums?
- Roomba S9+ Review — Advanced Robot Vacuum with Smart Technology
- Roborock E25 Wet Mopping Robotic Vacuum Review
- Eufy RoboVac 30C Review — Wi-Fi Dual Surface Robot Vacuum
- SHARK ION Robot R85 Review — WiFi-Connected With Powerful Suction For Pet Hair
Technologies used in Roomba 960 and their benefits
- Control the Roomba 960 via smartphone (schedule, clean, customize cleaning regimes) when you are not at home by using the iRobot Home App
- Better navigation because it uses a second version of sensors which has visual localization ability (better than down line models like Roomba 600s series)
- Long running time up to 75 minutes
- Ability to recharge and resume cleaning automatically which is the greatest features
- 5X more air power
- friendly to people with allergen because it can capture 99% of dust at size down to 10 microns
- Friendly to home with pets thanks to Tangle-free Dual Multi-Surface Brushes Handle Pet Hair
- Cliff detect ability to prevent falling when working on floors
- Edge sweepers included for cleaning corners
- Dual Mode Virtual Wall Barrier (Batteries Included), High Efficiency Filter, 2 Extra Side Brushes, Dock Station and Manuals
|Motor (Pa)||900 Pa|
|Cleaning capacity (m2)||150 m2|
|Max home size||Medium|
|Cleaning mode||Auto, spot|
|Dust bin size ( mL)||600 mL , non-rinsable|
|Climb height (mm)||20 mm|
|Carpet type||Low, medium|
|Run time||75 minutes|
|Charging time||120 minutes|
|Wifi + App||yes|
|Dirt detect type||Series 2|
|Dimension||13.78 x 13.78 x 3.6 in|
|Additional tools||Docking station, line cord, 2 virtual wall barriers, 1 extra HEPA, cleaning tool, extra side brush|
FAQs & troubleshooting of iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum