Contents - Quick Links
The Shark® ION Rocket® Cordless Ultra-Light Vacuum is the basic cordless stick vacuum in the ION line from Shark. When shopping for this particular vacuum, you may come across model numbers such as IR101, IR100, IR100C, IR101C and IR70.
This lightweight stick vacuum has the best features of the Shark Rocket series such as anti-allergen seal system, 2-in-1 features (upright/ handheld), LED lights on nozzle and good price (under 200 range), combined with the cordless design (using a Li-ion battery) for better maneuvering.
The Shark ION Rocket model IR101 differs from its big brother and sister because it does not have either DuoClean or MultiFlex Technology.
- Shark IONFlex DuoClean Cordless Ultra-Light Vacuum (IF201)
- Shark IONFlex 2X DuoClean Cordless Ultra-Light Vacuum (IF251)
The best part of this cordless stick is that it is a lightweight cordless stick with powerful suction at a decent price and the air trapping system is very efficient, suitable for users with allergies.
The downside is that it does not have DuoClean brush head (the best design of a brush head) we must say therefore it can’t remove the pet hairs efficiently out of carpets as DuoClean units. But, if you are looking for a basic cordless stick vacuum for an affordable price, it will do the trick.
We do want to add Shark has added newer stick vacuum models with updated features and benefits. With that being said, you can still find Shark Ion stick vacuums on websites like Amazon — both new and renewed.
- Shark Ionflex Vs. Ionflex 2x Cordless Stick Vacuums
- Dyson Cyclone V10 Vs Shark Cordless Stick Vacuums
- Shark DuoClean Rocket Corded Ultralight Upright Vacuum Review
- Hoover ONEPWR Blade Cordless Stick & Handheld Vacuum Review
Lets check for the technologies and benefits of the Shark Ion Rocket cordless stick vacuum.
Technologies and benefits of Shark Ion Rocket IR101
- Cordless, bagless design
- 2-in-1 features: work as a handheld and a full size upright vac
- Li-ion battery that can run for 20-30 minutes (casual mode)
- No Duoclean technology
- Anti-allergen seal for trapping dust, pollen
- LED headlights design
- Washable filter (foam type)
- Tools: Duster Crevice Tool, Pet Multi-Tool, Anti-Allergen Dust Brush, Battery, and Charger
Pros and Cons of Shark Ion Rocket IR101
What We Like…
- A decent cordless stick vacuum at the good price which is comparable to Dyson V7 cordless unit.
- Good air trapping system which is a great choice for users with sufferers.
- Long warranty time (5 years on machine, 2 years on battery)
What Could Be Better…
- The unit lacks Duoclean brush head which is a big missing.
- The upgrade version Shark Duoclean cordless stick IF201 and IF 251 has Duoclean brush head which is better.
Specifications of Shark Ion Rocket IR101
- Dimensions: 11.9 x 10.3 x 45.6
- Weight: 7.2 lbs
Compare: Shark Ion IR101, IF201, IF 251
Questions about Shark Ion IR 101