Contents - Quick Links
The SharkFLEX® DuoClean® Corded Ultra-Light Vacuum is a powerful corded stick vacuum that could be a perfect choice when you need a true full-size floor vac and a handheld vacuum combined into a single machine. This older series of Shark stick vacuums include the HV392, HV390, HV391 and HV394Q models.
What makes SharkFLEX® stick vacuums from Shark stand out is the MultiFLEX™ technology that allows the wand to bend — creating angles for easy cleaning under furniture and allows the vacuum to fold over for compact, upright storage.
The SharkFLEX® DuoClean® Corded Ultra-Light Vacuum (models HV390, HV391, HV392 & HV394Q) is no longer being made by Shark, and has since been replaced by newer models. However, if you like the idea of a vacuum cleaner with a flexible wand, from a well known brand like Shark, you can still find them on Amazon — both brand new and renewed for additional savings.
Or if you are interested in a newer model Shark corded stick vacuum that also converts easily to a convenient hand vac, here are ones to consider (you can find them all on Amazon).
- Shark LZ601 APEX® UpLight™ Lift-Away® Stick Vacuum with Self-Cleaning Brushroll
- Shark ZS362 APEX® DuoClean® Stick Vacuum with Zero-M Technology
- Shark ZS351 Rocket® Corded Ultra-Light Vacuum with Zero-M Anti-Hair
- Shark HV382 Rocket® DuoClean® Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Vacuum
- Shark HV322 Rocket® DeluxePro Ultra-Light Upright Corded Stick Vacuum
- Shark HV302 Rocket® DuoClean® Stick Vacuum with Swivel Steering
- Shark Ionflex Vs. Ionflex 2x Cordless Stick Vacuum (IF201 Vs IF251)
- Dyson Cyclone V10 Vs Shark Cordless Stick Vacuums
- Shark Rocket Ultra-Light HV302 Review
- Hoover ONEPWR Blade Review — Cordless Stick & Handheld Vacuum
- Shark DuoClean Rocket Ultralight Stick Vacuum (HV382) Review
Benefits of SharkFLEX® DuoClean® Stick Vacuums
Of the Shark Flex models, the Shark HV391 has most of the advanced features for ultimate performance such as the combination of a bristle and a brush roll on a single brush head (duo clean) for picking up pet hair, dust, debris…deep down to the carpet foundation.
To give a better air quality, the unit applies Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology which is very close to HEPA standard. Besides, this unit can be converted from a full-size upright vac to a hand vac, and it is possible for cleaning under the bed and furniture better with its nice “bending capacity”, allowing the stick to bend and reach farther. The wheels of Shark HV391 are also optimized for smooth maneuvering.
The best part of this unit is that it is very quiet when running because it uses noise reduction technologies to prevent the noise of the motor to affect your ears when using.
The only downside is that it tends to tip when standing on its own but this is not a big concern and not directly related to the machine’s performance. Check for the technologies and benefits of Shark HV391 below.
Technologies and benefits of Shark HV391
- MultiFLEX Technology – the stick can bend 180 degrees so that you can reach for the bed, under furniture
- DuoClean Technology – the brush head is designed with soft brush roll and a bristle for picking up pet hair and debris
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology captures and traps 99.9% of dust and allergens down to 1 micron which is very near HEPA standard (HEPA: trap 99.9% size down to 0.3 microns)
- Work as a hand vac and a full-size vac
- Smooth maneuverability on floors and carpets
Specifications of Shark HV391
- Dimensions: 10.2 x 16.5 x 49
- Weight: 9 lbs.
- Dirt cup size: 0.4 dry quarts
- Power cord: 30 ft
- LED light on nozzle, near HEPA standard
Pros and cons of Shark HV391
What We Like…
- Quiet when using.
- Smooth when running on carpets and rugs and when transverse from one floor to another floor type.
- Easy to use, ergonomic design and bendable wand.
- Long power cord, lightweight.
- Bright LED lights.
- Close to HEPA standard and solid materials.
- Overall it is a well-built corded vacuum cleaner.
What Could Be Better…
- Tends to tip when standing on its own.
- Smaller cleaning path width (9.3 inches) when compared to others (10 inches to 12 inch mostly).
- Harder to find since it is an older model.
Recommendation about Shark HV391
Recommended for people who are looking for an all-in-one vacuum cleaners for any cleaning tasks at home. Good for the home with pets and girl hairs. Corded design means you do not need to worry about battery charging. Good price for such a solid built unit
Against for users who need an ultimate suction power to clean difficult tasks. If you need such high suction power, then check for Shark Navigator or Rotator.
Compare Shark HV390, HV391, HV392
|Model||SharkFLEX DuoClean HV390||SharkFLEX DuoClean HV391||SharkFLEX DuoClean HV392|
|Dimensions||49 x 10.125 x 9.375”||49 x 10.125 x 9.375”||49 x 10.125 x 9.375”|
|Weight||9.8 lbs||9.8 lbs||9.8 lbs|
|Dirt Cup Capacity||0.4 dry quarts||0.4 dry quarts||0.4 dry quarts|
|12″ Crevice Tool||Yes||No||No|
|Duster Crevice Tool||No||Yes||Yes|
|MultiFLEX Under-Appliance Wand||No||Yes||No|
|Motorized Pet Tool||No||No||Yes|
FAQs & troubleshooting of Shark Flex HV391