The direct answer to the question What is the difference between the Shark IonFlex vs. IonFlex 2x is that both Shark cordless stick vacuums are the same in terms of design and performance, except that the IonFlex 2X has one more battery pack.
The Shark® IONFlex™ 2X DuoClean® Cordless Stick Vacuum can run up to 60 minutes when using 2 battery units as compared to the Shark® IONFlex™ DuoClean® Cordless Vacuum.
When shopping for either of these vacuums, you may come across a variety of model numbers such as IF252, IC205, IC205CCO, IF200, IF200C, IF200W, IF201, IF202, IF203Q, IF205, IF251 and IF251C which are different vendor identification numbers and/or newer variations.
Both of these are older Shark stick vacuums, but you can still find them on sites like Amazon new, used and certified renewed. Before making a purchase, we do recommend taking a look to see if there are any sales on newer models. This may get you a vacuum with better technologies for the same or similar price.
- Dyson Cyclone V10 Vs Shark Cordless Stick Vacs — Which Battery Operated Stick Vacuum Is Right For You?
- Bissell CrossWave 1785A vs 1785W Floor And Carpet Cleaner With Wet-Dry Vacuum — What Is The Difference?
- Hoover ONEPWR Blade Review — Cordless Stick & Handheld Vacuum
- Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Stick Vacuum HV302 Review
- Shark DuoClean Rocket Corded Ultralight Upright Vacuum Review
Pros and cons of Shark IONflex
What We Like…
- 2 battery packs. You can run up to 60 minutes and do not need to wait for the charging time.
- Duoclean brush roller. This brush roller is the best design for picking both larger particles and finer dust. The Duoclean is one of the greatest advantage of Shark over other competitors.
- Strong suction, comparable to the Dyson V8 model.
- You can use as a stick vacuum a handheld vacuum for cleaning from top to bottom. The under-appliance wand is useful for reaching under table, bed, sofa.
- A lot of attachments: Duster crevice tool, Anti-allergen dusting brush, Pet multi-tool, MultiFLEX under appliance wand.
- Pet hair cleaning capacity
- 5 years warranty
What Could Be Better…
- A bit heavy. The whole unit is 8.7 lbs, which is much higher than Dyson (5.85 lb typically). When using as a floor vacuum cleaner, it does not have any issues. However, when transforming into a hand-vac, Shark IONflex is top-heavy and can cause fatigue.
- No HEPA filters. If you have asthma, we highly recommend you to pick Dyson V8 to ensure the air quality.
Alternative to Shark IONflex
At the price of around 300 dollars (as well as less expensive models), there are a few other cordless stick vacuum cleaners you may consider besides Shark, such as:
- Dyson Cordless Stick Vacuums
- Bissell Cordless Stick Vacuums
- Eureka Cordless Stick Vacuums
- Hoover Cordless Stick Vacuums
- Tineco Cordless Stick Vacuums