Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away Speed Upright Vacuum (NV682) reviews wont answer these questions
update January 23, 2018
Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away Speed Upright Vacuum (NV682) reviews
Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away Speed Upright Vacuum (NV682) is known as Shark’s Rotator most compact Lift-Away unit which is only about 13 lbs. but this NV682 performs excellently like other full-size Lift-Away units. The unit is featured by Lift-away canister for further cleaning under furniture, fingertips control for better usage, bright LED lights in brush roll and a complete seal air filter plus HEPA for releasing fresh air only. The best part of Shark Rotator NV682 is very lightweight which is a better option if you are looking for a whole home vacuum cleaner for old person or ladies. On the other hands, this unit does not have Duoclean brush head so that if you have a lot of pets and carpets, you should look for the Shark Duoclean upright vacuum to pull up more pet hairs from your carpets.
Technologies and benefits of Shark Rotator NV862
- Lightest Lift-away unit only 13 lbs. – it is suitable for the old person, ladies, users who need to move upstairs/ downstairs
- Fingertips control – for better control of the unit
- Swivel steering – the brushroll run smoothly on the floor
- LED lights – for discovering more dust and dirt in hidden places
- Anti-allergen seal air system + HEPA – good for allergy sufferers
- Cord length: 30ft – long cord for moving freely
- Dust cup: 0.9 dry quarts – medium dust cup size which is great for the home with average size floor area. If you have a big house then you might love the full-size unit which has the dust cup size at 1.5 dry quarts
- Cleaning path width: 10.5’’ – the standard width
- No Duoclean brush head – The Duoclean brush is a better design when you have a lot of carpets and pet hairs. If pet hair is not your major concern then this unit is one of the best choices. Otherwise, you should consider other models with duoclean brush, for example, Shark DuoClean Powered Lift-Away Speed (NV803)
- Microfiber pad included for cleaning fine dust on bare floors
Pros and cons of Shark Rotator NV862
- Pros: the Shark Rotator NV862 has most of the advanced features such as air filtration, lift-away canister, compact and lightweight, dynamic swivel steering head. Shark Rotator actually is one of the biggest success of Shark brand for years.
- Cons: as mentioned, this unit does not have the duoclean brush head. This brush head is very useful when you need to clean and pull up more pet hairs from carpets. Otherwise, this unit is a perfect design.
Recommendation of Shark Rotator NV862
- Recommended for: ladies, old person who needs an “all-in-one” vacuum cleaner at lightweight and longevity
- Against for home with both carpet and pet hair
Questions about Shark Rotator NV862
Does the blue plus premium accessories inclue the truepet mini motorized brush?
Answer: Yes it still works
Question: Is this shark vacuum or any shark vacuum good for thick piled carpet. Or even on of the Dyson.
Answer: It is good on thick pile. A button on the handle allows you to adjust for low , med and high levels as needed.
Question: How long is the hose? My navigator’s hose was short and pulled over vacuum.
Answer: maybe around 6 ft. stretched out
Question: The Brushs on power head are not working there does not seem to be power to brush motor
Answer: I would start with cleaning it off as much as you can, mine would get tangled with hair and would have to clean it once in awhile
Question: Does this vaccum work on thicker carpet/rugs?
Answer: Yes it has two carpet settings and a bare floor setting.
Question: Need to find filter for shark nv765 comparable
Answer: Well you can always call the comp a by. But bed bath and beyond can order one to and have it shipped to your home
Question: does it come with a caddy
Answer: it comes with a few attachments, you can purchase more, People really do not read the info on the items…. Being purchased.
Question: Can I take a part of the vacuum off to clean the hard to reach parts that the regular vacuum cannot?
Answer: Vacuum is very easy to clean.
Question: How much dose it weight
Answer: I don’t know exactly, but when I’m doing stairs where I would need to lift it, I take the cannister off and use the upholstery attachment, so you really don’t have to lift the whole thing. In fact, even on my hard floors I often use the longer handle and hard floor attachment.
Question: Some sites offer this truepet version with model nv752 but the latest tv ad seems to be promoting nv800. what’s the difference between the two?
Answer: I don’t know. I didn’t like the one I got and sent it back.
How easy or diffuclt is it to handle? Especially over carpet?
Answer: No problem on carpet it pulls itself. The head with the beaters takes minute to get used to because you can swivel it right or left, the old timey ones you could only go straight. I love the pull away canister so easy can get it right under the bed.
Question: Has anyone bought the “shark multi angle position dusting brush for shark rotator vacuums, 146fli480″? if so, did you like it?
Answer: I haven’t
Question: does it plug up with pet hair ?
Answer: We have cats and the Shark is doing great with their fur on carpet and wooden floors. I love it!
Question: does anyone know how many amps this Shark rotator lift away NV752 has??
Answer: 9.5 amps is the listed current draw
Question: Do the brushes continue to rotate (when the canister has been removed) to vacuum under low furniture?
Answer: Absolutely. When the canister is on the pole it just is hanging there. Removing it, or using it on the caddy doesn’t change the vacuum at all. Best vacuum I have ever had.
Question: What is the minimum height you can get under in lift off mode?
Answer: Well I didn’t go measure, but it is about 4 or 5 inches. It fits under everything in my house except the crisscross bars under my coffee table.
Question: Is it possible to drive the beater bar to easily cut entagled hair?
Answer: I just simply pull hair and thread out. if there is a lot I use scissors.
Question: How big is the head, the Duo Clean was to small, took me twice the time to vacuum?
Answer: From outside edge to outside edge is 12″. Inside the brushes are about 9”. Seems not too much smaller than the old Kenmore canister that I replaced with this. I like the machine very much. Only criticism is the edge cleaning power which is non-existent. When cleaning along the baseboard you have to go back over the … see more
Question: how big is the head
Answer: 12″ wide