update 04. 2018
Shark IONFlex DuoClean Cordless IF201 reviews
Shark IONFlex DuoClean Cordless Ultra-Light Vacuum (IF201) is the upgrade version of Shark Ion rocket IR101, by adding Shark best feature that is the Duoclean brush. The duoclean brush will pull up more pet hairs from carpets and rugs and pick up large debris without being clogged.
Besides, The Shark Ionflex IF201 also has multi-flex technology which allows the stick vacuum to bend 180 degrees for further reaching under furniture.
Shark Ionflex IF201 is a cordless unit that is comparable to Dyson cordless V7.
The downside of this model is that when comparing with Dyson, it is heavier (8.7 lbs.), otherwise, it is the best cordless stick on the market.
Let’s check for the technologies and benefits of Shark Ionflex IF201 below.
- Shark IONFlex DuoClean Cordless Ultra-Light Vacuum (IF201) reviews
Technologies and benefits of Shark Ionflex IF201
- Construction: cordless, stick vacuum that can work as a handheld and upright unit. It is bagless so you do not need to buy bags
- The battery is Li-ion which is the standard type for the cordless vacuum. The great idea is that this battery is removable (Dyson unit is not removable) so you can charge it more convenient. When fully charged it can last for 20- 30 minutes on casual mode depending on your floor types.
- The stick vacuum is bendable for further reaching under furniture and free standing.
- Duoclean brush is the best brush head design by combining a bristle with a soft brushroll for removing more pet hairs on carpets
- A lot of tools: Duster Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush, Wide Upholstery Tool, Anti-Allergen Dust Brush, (1) Battery, (1) Charger
- Air filter: this unit uses an anti-allergen complete seal system to keep dust and allergies inside the vacuum. However it does not have HEPA filter (Dyson cordless V8 has a version with HEPA filter), but using a washable foam filter
- Led lights for better vision
- Weight: 3.8 lbs.
- Dust cup size: 0.3 dry quarts
Pros and cons of Shark Ionflex IF201
A cordless stick from the famous brand with highest ratings from consumers. It is affordable, powerful and quiet when using. The dust cup is large and it has duoclean brush which works extremely well on carpets and rugs
The multiflex technology is not very beneficial when letting the unit to stand freely because it tends to tip forward. The unit weight is a bit heavy (8.7 lbs). The battery runtime is about 20 minutes which is a bit short (you can choose the Shark Ionflex IF251 with 2 removable batteries for double using time)
Performance of the unit
Recommendation of Shark Ionflex IF201
- Recommendation for users who are looking for one of the best cordless vacuum stick on the market at the decent price. It is a great option if you have to clean multiple tasks from floor to furniture, ceiling, window…
- Against for users who need a unit with longest run time. The Shark Ionflex IF251 will be a better alternative with 40 minutes run time.
FAQs & troubleshooting of Shark Ionflex IF201
How easily can you clean this vacuum? Ease of clearing debris that becomes lodged and general ease of upkeep is important to me.
Answer: I returned my expensive Dyson because it kept getting clogged and turning off. We have 3 cats and so far this has been the best vacuum I’ve ever had. I haven’t had a single clog and emptying the debris container is very easy. Hope this helps. I would definately recommend this vacuum.
Question: Can you turn off the brush roller but leave the soft roller turning?
Answer: Is there a setting for high carpet?
Question: If I buy the used vacuum from Amazon, does it still have a warranty?
Answer: Don’t know.check with amazon!
Question: The suction is very power, until I put an attachment on…. why?
Answer: Don’t know. But I really like the vacuum. It picks up really good. my problem is I have a hard time dumping it. I can’t seem to take it apart. Sometime I can but most of the time I call my husband. But so far I really like it.
Question: Does it come with duster crevice tool, dusting brush, wide upholstery tool, anti-allergen dust brush, (1) battery, (1) charger?
Answer: Yes as is advertised on box
Question: how quiet is this? my current Shark rocket is very loud, looking for something that makes less noise
Answer: It’s quieter than. my plug in which is all I have to judge it on. You can have a conversation without raising your voice if that is any help. I would advise a second battery if you have a fairly large house. The one with the two batteries and attachments is a money saver ss opposed to buying everything separate. If you… see more
Question: What is the multi pet too? We have a dog and a cat. Do I need to get the this tool? or the other one work okay for this.
Answer: I don’t think you need it. There is already a lot of attachments that come with it.
Question: Does the dust cup come off/detach from the machine to empty it or do you have bring the whole machine over to the trash to empty it?
Answer: Yes the cup comes out to be emptied and the filter can be washed out with soap and water. My wife likes it but it’s a little top heavy
Question: will my shark rocket attachments fit this model?
Question: what is the pet attachment that comes with the rocket model? why isnt it included in the ion flex?
Answer: I can’t say, we have no pets. However I love this vaccuum!!
Do this vacuum work well for long hair? Does it get caught in the brushes and if so, is it easy to clean?
Answer: My hair isn’t long but short hair gets plenty tangled up and no…it’s not easy to clean!
Question: Does it do a good job of picking up kitty litter off the floor?
Answer: I’m sorry, I bought this vaccum for my son and wife for xmas so I have no idea.
Question: so, say I finish vacuuming and still have battery life. Do I charge between uses or must I wait until battery is completely discharged?
Answer: You can start the recharge at any point in the life of the battery. The charger automatically turns of when its fully charged.
Question: Does it come with a charging station for the battery
Answer: No. There’s one battery and the charging cord, no charging station. That’s a separate purchase.
Question: How’s long does it take to charge on the battery charge
Answer: this item was a gift so i have no way of knowing the answer – so sorry
Question: does power pack come with vaccum
Answer: 1 Battery and Charger comes with this unit. The “2X” version comes with two batteries and a dual-battery charger.
Question: does it break down to become a hand held vac
Question: Where does the exhausted air come out?
Answer: From the top side of the handheld vacuum.
Question: How heavy is the handle? I have limited arm
Answer: It’s fairly light for a size
Question: Is this worth the cost just for the duoclean?
Answer: Julia says: Light in weight,attractive,cleaning is excellent priced low when you check wikibuy! Would buy again definitely worth the money!
Tags clouds: shark if201 vs if251, shark if201 vs dyson