Shark Flex DuoClean HV391 reviews
Shark Flex DuoClean Corded Ultra-Light Upright HV391 is a powerful corded vacuum that could be a perfect choice when you need a true full-size floor vac and a handheld vacuum for using a long time.
The Shark HV391 has most of the advanced features for ultimate performance such as the combination of a bristle and a brush roll on a single brush head (duo clean) for picking up pet hair, dust, debris…deep down to the carpet foundation.
To give a better air quality, the unit applies Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology which is very close to HEPA standard. Besides, this unit can be converted from a full-size upright vac to a hand vac, and it is possible for cleaning under the bed and furniture better with its nice “bending capacity”, allowing the stick to bend and reach farther. The wheels of Shark HV391 are also optimized for smooth maneuvering.
The best part of this unit is that it is very quiet when running because it uses noise reduction technologies to prevent the noise of the motor to affect your ears when using.
The only downside is that it tends to tip when standing on its own but this is not a big concern and not directly related to the machine’s performance.
Check for the technologies and benefits of Shark HV391 below.
- Shark Flex DuoClean Corded Ultra-Light Upright (HV391) reviews
Technologies and benefits of Shark HV391
- MultiFLEX Technology – the stick can bend 180 degrees so that you can reach for the bed, under furniture
- DuoClean Technology – the brush head is designed with soft brush roll and a bristle for picking up pet hair and debris
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology captures and traps 99.9% of dust and allergens down to 1 micron which is very near HEPA standard (HEPA: trap 99.9% size down to 0.3 microns)
- Work as a hand vac and a full-size vac
- Smooth maneuverability on floors and carpets
Specifications of Shark HV391
- Dimensions: 10.2 x 16.5 x 49
- Weight: 9 lbs.
- Dirt cup size: 0.4 dry quarts
- Power cord: 30 ft
- LED light on nozzle, near HEPA standard
Pros and cons of Shark HV391
Quiet when using, smooth when running on carpets and rugs and when transverse from one floor to another floor type, easy to use, ergonomic design, long power cord, lightweight, bright LED lights, close to HEPA standard and solid materials. Overall it is a well-built corded vacuum cleaner.
- Tends to tip when standing on its own
- Smaller cleaning path width (9.3 inches) when compared to others (10 inches to 12 inch mostly)
Recommendation about Shark HV391
- Recommended for: people who are looking for an all-in-one vacuum cleaners for any cleaning tasks at home. Good for the home with pets and girl hairs. Corded design means you do not need to worry about battery charging. Good price for such a solid built unit
- Against for Users who need an ultimate suction power to clean difficult tasks. If you need such high suction power, then check for Shark Navigator or Rotator.
Compare Shark HV390, HV391, HV392
|Model||SharkFLEX DuoClean HV390||SharkFLEX DuoClean HV391||SharkFLEX DuoClean HV392|
|Dimensions||49 x 10.125 x 9.375''||49 x 10.125 x 9.375''||49 x 10.125 x 9.375''|
|Weight||9.8 lbs||9.8 lbs||9.8 lbs|
|Dirt Cup Capacity||0.4 dry quarts||0.4 dry quarts||0.4 dry quarts|
|12" Crevice Tool||Yes||No||No|
|Duster Crevice Tool||No||Yes||Yes|
|MultiFLEX Under-Appliance Wand||No||Yes||No|
|Motorized Pet Tool||No||No||Yes|
Performance of Shark HV390 series
FAQs & troubleshooting of Shark Flex HV391
The HV391 model should come with duster crevice, under appliance, and pet multi tools but not all are mentioned in the listing. Are they included?
Answer: When I looked at the corded version I thought all of the tools were included (they were shown) but, I was missing the dusting brush and the power pet tool… it was somewhat disappointing?
Question: Does the dust cup come off/detach from the machine to empty it or do you have bring the whole machine over to the trash to empty it?
Answer: The cup is detachable. One the cup is off there’s another button to release its contents.
Question: How big is the dust bin?
Answer: 4” x 4”
Question: how many amps?
Answer: 600 Watts which would be 5 amp at 120 volts
Question: How does the HV391 model do on stairs?
Answer: It should do nicely as you can adjust the length on the wand. I don’t have stairs too clean but I am sure they would do a good job.
Question: does this have a dock or hook to hang part of it up?
Answer: Yes it has a grey handle on the middle of the stem, but the unit does not come with a hook for wall mounting. It stands in its own once folded. You would have to purchase a hook for wall mounting.
Question: how heavy?
Answer: 9 pounds. It’s not heavy, but because the motor is up at the top, the user carries more of the weight. My arm gets more tired with this machine than with a heavier vacuum where more of the weight is riding on the wheels.
Question: Does this have a rotating brush roller?
Answer: Yes, rotating brush in back and rotating non-brush head in front.
Question: Where do I buy the filters?
Answer: It doesn’t use a filter.
Question: i cannot decide between the corded or not corded so this one or the if201 = uncorded ugh. just basic big rugs in home. rest wood. any have hanger inc?
Answer: I bought myself the cordless one and my mother the corded one. I specifically wanted the cordless one, even though I suspected the battery would run down quickly, which it does, so I also bought an extra battery and the dual battery charger. Suction is great, but the canister is small and fills up quickly. I use it … see more
Question: Does this have filters or not, getting varying answers?
Answer: yes it has a small filter and this is a great vacuum, the only issue I have, and believe me I can work around it, when doing throw rugs it is so powerful that it picks the rug up if you go close to the edges. I do love this
Tag clouds: shark flex duoclean corded, shark flex duoclean reviews