Shark APEX DuoClean Powered Lift-Away Upright Vacuum (AX951) reviews wont answer these questions
update January 23, 2018
Shark APEX DuoClean Powered Lift-Away Upright Vacuum (AX951) reviews
Shark APEX DuoClean Powered Lift-Away Upright Vacuum AX951 is Shark best vacuum cleaner ever. This upright vacuum has all of Shark advanced technologies for ultimate cleaning experience.
- To improve the extraction of dirt and pet hairs on carpet and rugs, this Shark APEX unit uses Duoclean brush (a combination of a bristle and a soft brush roll which is the best brush head design at the moment)
- To improve the cleaning customization, this Shark APEX features Lift-away canister which can be detached from the stick so you can reach farther under furniture.
- To improve the air quality, this unit uses its complete seal air system which is 10X more efficient than HEPA, this is the best air filter system on the market
- To improve the using experience, the Shark APEX applies noise reduction technology so that it is very quiet when running. Most of the full size upright vacuum cleaner has the noise level ranges from 70 dB-100 dB but this unit is much quieter: only about 65 dB when measured in reality.
- The unit also uses active glide wheels so it moves smoothly on carpets, rugs and it never loses suction power when transverse from one floor to another.
Specifications of Shark APEX
- Power and suction ability
The Shark Apex uses the 1350W motor which is much more than expected for an upright vacuum cleaner. The amp rating is about 11.3 amps, it is a corded unit. When compare with Dyson models, this unit delivers parallel suction power.
- Dust bin
This is a bagless model so you will not need to spend money on costly bags. It can hold up to 1.5 dry quarts which are a standard dust bin size for whole-home cleaning.
- Air filter system
As mentioned, the Shark APEX uses a complete sealed air system which is capable of capturing dust 10x more than standard HEPA. A HEPA filter can capture 99.9% dust and pollen at size down to 0.3 microns so this unit basically can capture all of the dust, releasing fresh air only.
Fingertips control for easier using, LED lights on brush roll area for revealing hidden dirt, powered lift-away canister for further reaching under beds, furniture, active glide wheels for smooth maneuvering, advanced sealed air system, duo clean brush head, 7 years warranty.
- Dimensions: 46 x 12.6 x 12’’
- Weight: 16 lbs
- Cord length: 30 ft
- Dust bin size: 1.5 Dry quarts
- Warranty 7 years
- Motor power: 1350W, 11.3 amps rating
Shark APEX has 3 models namely AX950, AX951 and AX952 which differs only in the tools
- AX952: Motorized Pet Tool, Pet Tool, 2-in-1 Duster Crevice Tool, Dust Brush, Accessory Bag
- AX951: Dust Brush, 2-in-1 Duster Crevice Tool, Pet Tool, Multi-Flex Extension Wand, Accessory Bag
- AX950: Dust Brush, Pet Tool, Duster Crevice Tool
How to choose the suitable Shark APEX unit
- Shark APEX AX952: the “complete” unit. This AX952 unit has motorized pet tool which is recommended for the home with a lot of pets. This tool allows you to pick up the pet hair on higher surfaces with ease because it has a motor on the tool so it gives more suction power.
- Shark APEX AX951: this unit has an extension wand which is a good option if you have a lot of under furniture areas needed to be cleaned. Home with pets, beds, chairs, tables…should take advantage of this extension wand.
- Shark APEX AX950: this is the “basic” unit which is for users who need an “all-in-one” upright vacuum cleaner with the best quality.
Compare Shark APEX vs Shark Duoclean vs Shark Rotator
|Model||Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet (NV752)||Shark DuoClean Powered Lift-Away Speed (NV803)||Shark APEX DuoClean Powered Lift-Away (AX951)|
|Active Glide Technology||no||no||yes|
|Noise Reduction Technology||no||no||yes|
|Anti Allergen Complete Seal Technology + HEPA Filter||yes||yes||yes|
|Cord Length||30 ft||30 ft||30 ft|
|Product Weight||15.4 lbs.||14.5 lbs.||16 lbs.|
|Dust Cup Capacity||1.5 dry quarts||0.9 dry quarts||1.5 dry quarts|
|Tools||Hard Floor Hero, TruePet Mini Motorized Brush, Pet Multi-Tool, Duster Crevice||Under Appliance Wand, Pet Power Brush, Pet Multi-Tool, Duster Crevice Tool, Accessory Bag||Anti-Allergen Dust Brush, Pet Multi-Tool, Duster Crevice, MultiFlex Under Appliance Wand, Accessory Bag|
Questions about Shark Apex units
Is it dual voltage or 220
Answer: 120 volt
Question: What attachments does it come with
Answer: The AX951 attachments include Pet Multi-Tool, Duster Crevice Tool, Anti-Allergen Dust Brush, MulitFLEX Under Appliance Wand, Accessory Bag
Question: Can it be used as a blower
Answer: I have not used it yet. It’s still in the box
Question: This one seems to have reduced dust cup capacity …how does that work out, especially with dog hair?
Answer: I have 2 huskies and sure I empty the cup more than once per room, but it holds a LOT of hair. I would guess the cup holds just as much as my previous vacuums (Hoover and dyson), it collects better so it fills faster. But when I empty it there is so much in it. This vacuum is so much better than my dyson.
Question: Does this use vacuum bags?
Answer: No, it is bagless
Question: Does the shark vacuum come with a retractable cord
Question: Is the brush height adjustable? If not, does it lift the carpet fibers up? My dyson barely turns up the carpet.
Answer: It does not adjust but it vacuums pet hair very well.
Question: What is the difference between the 951 model and 952 model?
Answer: We have owned a Shark Lift-Away vacuum prior to this one and we went right to their webpage. You might want to do the same as they have a side-by-side comparison. The one reason we bought the AX951 model was because it came with the under-the-appliance tool.
Question: What is the difference between this model and the AX912 model
Answer: The ax912 is more compact. I got the one listed on this page for myself and my Mom is getting the AX912 as she has a condo and doesn’t need a full size vacuum.
Question: Can this vacuum clean a deep long fiber shag carpet?
Answer: I would say that it can, but you need to make sure the vacuum is set on the longer carpet setting (there’s a switch just below the on/off button). Also, I found that the deeper the carpet, the more arm strength it takes to the pull the vacuum back towards you because of the two rollers creating such forward momentum.
Question: Did it come in a box or was the shipping label on the shark box itself?
Answer: It came in a plain box.
Question: I am looking at this one and the shark rotator powered lift-away truepet upright. which one does best with cleaning dog hair from furniture?
Answer: This vacuum is very, very nice. Easy to lift off, easy to empty and really picks up the dirt on carpet. My husband and I love the job it does and would recommend it highly. We have not used it in the furniture yet. The hoses are not as flexible as we are used to as we have always had a canister Rainbow vac. before
Question: is the warranty good with the sharp apex duo lift away good? and what all comes with it?
Answer: The warranty is excellent, but I would go to Sams Club as it is 50 cheaper–my bad for buying on Amazon
Question: Does the roller brush pop out to clean like other models?
Answer: No, the brush sits at the front. It is always out and it is flexible.
Question: please, what is the eletric voltage of this shark vacuum duo clean?
Answer: I could not find the voltage-but I can tell you in my 55 years of using different vacuums this one has been the best and lightest-great with animals going from hard floor to the rug. LOVE IT!!!!!!
Question: Do the features of the apex duoclean 951 make it worth the $100 difference(or so) from the nv803 model?
Answer: as long as you dont need the mechanical pet scrubber yes
Question: how well does this vacuum handle plush carpet
Answer: Very good,better than my dyson
Question: This model (ax951), the nv803 or hv391? we have mostly hardwood floors and 2 dogs. the dyson pushes stuff away and our roomba works better
Answer: I highly recommend this model.
My home is a mixture of hardwood, laminate, tile and various area rugs of different pike lengths. This vacuum has not failed to pick a single thing. I have a cat, toddler, infant and wife who sheds on par with the cat. The apex picks up from small crumbs to pulverizing stale bread(left by toddler). It takes up all manner of debris without pushing it forward or spitting it out the back.
Tag clouds: shark apex vs dyson, shark apex vs shark rotator, shark apex vs navigator, shark apex vs shark duo clean, shark apex vs apex speed, shark apex duoclean black friday, ax951 vs ax952