Last updated: 23rd June 2018
Hoover PowerDrive Pet Bagless Upright UH74210PC reviews
Hoover PowerDrive UH74210PC is an upright vacuum cleaner for whole-home cleaning. The Hoover PowerDrive UH74210PC has been improved in many details for a more ergonomic use, such as better swivel steering head, ultra bright LED lights on the nozzle, advanced action brush roll, quick released wand and more.
Besides these changes, this upright unit still maintains Hoover’s best technology in the suction performance like a 1320W motor, wind tunnel technology, cyclonic air system, sealed allergen system plus HEPA and XL dust cup size.
The downside of this unit, if we compare with Hoover lastest vacuum series is that it does not have the lift-up canister feature, otherwise it will be a flawless design.
Check for the technologies and benefits of Hoover PowerDrive UH74210PC below.
- Hoover PowerDrive Pet Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner UH74210PC reviews
Technologies and benefits of Hoover PowerDrive UH74210PC
- Construction: a full-size upright vacuum cleaner for whole home cleaning with a more ergonomic design.
- Swivel steering head with LED lights – a nice feature allows you to clean in tight areas without overlooking the hidden spots
- Advanced action brushroll with on/off features – allows you to clean many surfaces from bare floor to carpets and it can remove more pet hair and embedded dirt on carpets. Work well on both low pile and high pile carpet type.
- Large dust cup – best for whole home cleaning without interruption
- Multi-purpose pet tools for removing stubborn stains and hairs.
- Cyclonic technologies (5 cyclones) and wind tunnel technology for no-loss suction
- Sealed allergen system plus HEPA – good for allergy person
- Quickly released wand (13 ft reach) – great for the ceiling, window, fan, under furniture cleaning.
Specifications of Hoover PowerDrive UH74210PC
- Dimensions: 11.5 x 12.75 x 45’’
- Bagless design
- Cleaning path 12.5’’
- Headlights – yes
- Motor power 11 amps, 1320W
- Voltage -120V
- Reach – 13 ft
- Sealed allergen system plus HEPA plus odor filter
- Weight 16 lbs
Pros and cons of Hoover PowerDrive UH74210PC
The Hoover PowerDrive UH74210PC is optimized on brush roll, released wand with a nice length, swivel steering, Led lights and handle for a better performance when compared with Hoover WindTunnel series while retaining all of the Windtunnel strong points such as cyclonic air system, air filter, motor power…Although the price of Hoover PowerDrive UH74210PC is higher than the Windtunnel units a bit it is worth to be more convenient when cleaning
The model is still a bit heavy and it does not have advanced technologies like Floorsense technology (Hoover REACT)
Recommendation of Hoover PowerDrive UH74210PC
- Recommendation for users who are looking for a full-size upright unit for whole-home cleaning. Good for home with many floors type and a lot of furniture and pets
- Against for old person as it is a bit heavy
FAQs & troubleshooting of Hoover PowerDrive UH74210PC
Is this self-propelled? With shoulder issues, it’s hard to push a vacuum that is not self-propelled. How wide is the cleaning path?
Answer: It is not self propelled. It is very easy to push tho. I have Berber carpet and also a high pile carpet (not shag), and it is so much easier than my Dyson. The cleaning path is 12 inches. It turns very easily!
Question: Doez this work equally well with carpet and hard flooring?
Answer: Great question. It works equally well on both carpets and hard floors. There is a button on the shoulder of the vacuum to turn the brush roll off so that there isn’t scattering on hard floors. Highly recommend!
Question: How easy is it to access and clean the beater bar (brush roller)
Answer: It is amazing that I have not had to clean off the roller brush. For some reason strings and hair do not get caught up in it. I highly recommend this vacuum for its versitility!
Question: Does Hair wrap on brush?
Answer: I use it at least once a day and I haven’t noticed any hair wrapping around the brush.