Bissell Pet Hair Eraser, 1650A reviews
Bissell Pet Hair Eraser upright vacuum 1650A is one of the best-rated vacuum cleaners for pet hair cleaning, it features a tangle-free brushroll (so that you do not need to worry the brush head will be clogged by long hair any longer), a strong motor power (8.5 amps rating) a smart sealed allergen system to capture the dust and allergens, a built-in odor management filter,a swivel head and a XL dust cup (1.5 Liters).
This unit has a good price with 5 years warranty.
The downside of this unit, it does not have LED lights on the brushroll and also it does not have variable suction control.
Let’s check for the technologies and benefits of this Bissell Pet Hair Eraser upright vacuum 1650A to see if it fits to your cleaning demands.
Technologies and benefits of this Bissell Pet Hair Eraser upright vacuum 1650A
Constructions: this is a full-size upright corded vacuum cleaner designed for pet owners. The machine is optimized for removing pet hairs from carpets, rugs and keep the smell and allergens inside the machine by using a new smart sealed allergen system for air filtration. Similar models are 16502, 1650P, 1650R, 1650W
Bissell Pet Hair Eraser upright vacuum 1650A uses a good motor with 8.5 amps rating, combined with multi-cyclonic technology to deliver a great suction power on hard floor and carpets.
Brush head designed for picking up pet hair and cleaning multiple surfaces
- The brushroll of Pet Hair Eraser upright vacuum 1650A is a tangle-free type and this is the important features that differentiate this model with the rest. There are hundreds of upright units with similar construction but only a few models have tangle-free brushroll. When vacuuming pet hair, long hair, the upright vacuums tend to pick up the hair a wrap around the brushroll and it causes a big trouble (the machine will stop working and you have to use scissors to remove hairs by hand). The tangle-free brushroll will have your time and machine quality as it won’t stop even you pick up long hairs, husky hair in huge amount.
- The brushroll height is adjustable with 5 settings, allowing you to vacuum form bare floors to high pile carpets.
- Besides, brushroll on/off is a nice addition because you can shut off the brushroll and use the machine with suction only to clean luxurious, thick carpets like shag, frieze.
Smart sealed allergen system plus odor filter
- This model has applied a sealed allergen system plus odor filter to capture dust and dirt inside. This model use micro-filtration (HEPA standard) which is a great feature.
- This model has the swivel head, LEDs on the crevice tool for revealing hidden dirt spot, a Cyclonic Pet Hair Spooling System for a Hands-Free Empty of the dust bin, edge-to-edge cleaning, instantly released hose and a long power cord ( 30 ft.)
Specifications of Bissell Pet Hair Eraser upright vacuum 1650A
- Dimensions: 13.5 x 12.4 x 46.8 inches
- Warranty: 5 years limited
- Surface recommended: Bare Floors, Carpet, Low Pile Carpet, Stairs, Upholstery, Hard Floors
- Power Rating: 8.5 amps
- Filtration SmartSeal Allergen System (HEPA)
- Cleaning Path Width: 12″
- Cleaning System: Multi-Cyclonic
- Weight: 18 lbs
- Brush System: Tangle-Free
- Variable Suction Control: No
- Brush On/Off Switch: Yes
- Power Cord Length: 30′
- Automatic Cord Rewind: No
- Hose Length: 8′
- Surface Height Settings: 5
- Dual Edge Cleaning: Yes
- Bag Type: Bagless
- Dirt Cup Capacity: 1.5 L
- Easy Empty Dirt Cup: Yes
- Swivel Head: Yes
- Multi-Use Tools: Combination Dusting Brush/Upholstery Tool, Crevice Tool, Pet TurboEraser Tool
- Carry Handle: Yes
- Soft Bumper: Yes
Pros and cons of the model
Bissell Pet Hair Eraser upright vacuum 1650A is very popular for users with pets home. The model cleans extremely well pet hair, long hair, girl hair on both hardwood floors and carpets. The brushroll is tangle-free and still clean after finishing your cleaning time, height-adjustable and capable of turn on/ shut off. The dust cup is big and has smart empty feature, the HEPA filtration makes it a friendly unit for asthma person and users with allergies. Moreover, this unit noise level is quite low compared with other upright models and it is backed by 5 years warranty. Such a great deal.
The model does not have LED lights on the brush head like Shark Navigator and Hoover REACT. Although it is an optional feature if this model has such design, it would be a perfect choice at this mid-price range.
Performance of Bissell Pet Hair Eraser upright vacuum 1650A
Recommendations of Bissell Pet Hair Eraser upright vacuum 1650A
- Recommended for the home with dogs, cats and girl hair. The model has a good rating from consumers for its performance especially dealing with hair related troubles.
- Against for users who are looking for a lightweight upright unit, as this model is about 18 lbs. One of the best rated upright vacuum cleaner for pet hair is Shark Navigator NV356E/NV370 which is a lighter and has the same cleaning performance (suitable for pet hair cleaning, high pile carpet cleaning).
FAQs & troubleshooting of Bissell Pet Hair Eraser upright vacuum 1650A
How to repack in box?
Answer: I would call Bissell — they are very responsive. I’m sure they’ll give you some directions.
Question: How easy is it to empty and clean the filters? Another Bissel model I have requires you to reach in to the dirty compartment to loosen the filter.
Answer: It’s fairly easy to clean the filters. There are filters on top of the canister that can be removed to clean. There is also a filter inside the canister that can be removed. HOWEVER, the filter inside the canister cannot be replaced! If you do need to replace it, you have to buy a whole new canister!
Question: Do you wash the fabreeze pre filter if you use that instead of the yellow one?
Answer: The Fabreze pre-motor filter is washable.
Question: Does it have a light on it?
Answer: The crevice attachment does but not the vacuum itself.
Question: can the filters be washed or do they have to be replaced?
Answer: It’s half and half. Some of the filters are washable and others you have to buy to replace.
Question: Is the vacuum heavy
Answer: it is 18 lbs.
Question: how many amps is this?
Answer: it is 8.5 amps
Question: Does it have Hepa filters?
Answer: this vacuum features the SmartSeal Allergen System with Febreze Pet Odor Eliminator Filter that helps trap allergens inside the vacuum and eliminates pet odors as you vacuum, which is equally to a HEPA standard.
how often does the filter need to be changed?
Answer: That’s a good question, the pre-motor filter is washable and can be reused. The post motor filter will need to be replaced once it becomes excessively dirty which can vary greatly by use.
Question: Of all your pet vacuums, which one is the best for the money?
Answer: I can’t say which is best because I’ve only use the “Pet hair Eraser” model. It doesn’t ever get clogged and things like hair or thread don’t become entwined on the beater bar.
Question: does this have a retractable power cord?
Answer: No, It has the usual wind around configuration
Question: how long is the detachable hose?
Answer: 8 feet long, I can comfortably clean my ceiling fan without worrying about the vacuum tipping over.
Question: does this work well for carpet in non pet homes
Answer: It’s great on carpet. Not good on hard surfaces. It’s also pretty big and heavy.
Question: does it use bags?
Question: How high ( in inches) is the front of the machine? My Oreck is too high to get to the baseboards of my kitchen cabinets.
Answer: I’d say about 2.5″ if set on bare floor. I have no trouble getting under my standard kitchen cabinets.
Question: Anyone else have a problem with the hair not going in the chamber just rolling into a ball at the rollers? Zero hair in chamber.
Answer: yea, it happens to me too. I have to get scissors and cut it free from the rollers. To bad that it wont get pass the rollers.
What is the difference between the 1650A and the 1650 W?
Answer: Aside from the color and where they’re sold, the two machines are the same!
Question: How wide is the head of the vacuum?
Answer: Roller edge (widest point) 12 ¼”
Question: Whats the difference between a 1650 1650a and a 1650w
Answer: Aside from where they’re sold – the three machines are the same.
Question: Does the Bissell pet hair eraser also come with 220 volt?
Question: Does it work on tile
Question: How does this vac do on shag carpet?
Answer: I do not know. I do not have shag rugs, but it works well on “nappy” bathroom rugs.
Question: Do i have to buy the pet tool bundle to get all the attachments? or are there any that come with the vacuum itself?
Answer: Yes it comes w all listed in original ad
Question: Does this prodoct come with attatchments like others or can you at least buy attatchments separately?
Answer: yes, they include a decently long hose, a “pet hair” eraser (mini brush bar), and two hose attatchments.
This is seriously the best vacuum I’ve ever owned, better than my Dyson, Kirby or Rainbow.
Question: I am having a difficult time cleaning the inside of the dirt canister . Hair and dirt is trapped above the dirt compartment.
Answer: Not quite sure what area you are speaking of regarding the canister but wondering if you have tried undoing the upper part that unscrews inside the canister? There are lock and unlock symbols. The first time is quite hard to release. I called customer service and the told me if it broke they would send a free part.